Call for Papers
AUC 2012 Research Conference
Entrepreneurship and Innovation: Shaping the Future of Egypt
17-19 April 2012
Jointly Organized by the School of Business and the School of Sciences and Engineering
The American University in Cairo
Entrepreneurship and innovation (E&I) are becoming drivers for economic development, contributing to both job and wealth creation, which in turn promote dignity and social well-being. Now more than ever at this pivotal time in Egypt and the region, an entrepreneurial spirit and an innovative mindset need to be capitalized on, fostered and encouraged to best rebuild the country and the region on strong, solid and sustainable foundations.
The 2012 AUC Research Conference will raise awareness on the importance of E&I in rebuilding Egypt and the region with potential for further development and faster growth. It will also foster linkages between academia, industry and community within Egypt, the region and globally.
The AUC Research Conference is jointly organized by The School of Business and the School of Sciences and Engineering at AUC. The Conference will be co-Chaired by Prof. Nagla Rizk and Prof. Hassan Azzazy.
Conference Themes: The conference welcomes papers and proposals for panel discussion in any of the following themes:
- Innovations in Research and Technology: new innovative technologies coming out of research labs for commercialization, e.g., energy, water, information Technology, biotechnology
- The Entrepreneurial Eco-Systems: starting a business, access to finance, venture capita, incubation and startup support, legal issues for startups.
- Policy and Development issues: entrepreneurship and economic development, government policy, technology transfer, intellectual property rights - mainstream and alternatives, socialization of research, international and regional (including Africa) collaborations, measuring innovation.
- Social Entrepreneurship: concept and definition, hybrid value chains, civil society, innovation in the informal sector, user generated innovation.
- Entrepreneurial Education: "teaching" entrepreneurship, entrepreneurship education in higher education, entrepreneurship education in basic education.
- Case Studies: in any of the above areas.
- Other related areas: any other area related to entrepreneurship and innovation.
All submissions must be in English and Abstracts should have a limit of 500 words.
All abstracts submitted will undergo a double-blind peer review process. Paper abstracts should be submitted to the conference email: email@example.com
Conference Date: The conference will be held on 17-19 April 2012 at the AUC New Cairo Campus and the AUC Tahrir Campus
Abstract Submission Date: 18 February 2012.
Abstract Acceptance Date: 8 March 2012.
Full Paper Submission Date: 24 March 2012.
Full Paper Acceptance Date: 5 April 2012.